The Louisiana Department of Revenue is not part of the Louisiana Department of Treasury. If you have any questions for the Department of Revenue, please call (225) 219-2200 or visit

Treasurer Kennedy
Unclaimed Property
State Bond Commission
News Room
DivisionsExpand Divisions
Contact Us


Frequently Asked Questions About Toll Refunds

 How do I get my refund?

Visit to download a GeauxPass Toll Refund Claim Form  and return it, along with a copy of your driver’s license for identification, to us at the following address:

                        State Treasurer John Kennedy

ATTN: Refund The Tolls

Louisiana Department of the Treasury

P.O. Box 44154 Baton Rouge, LA 70804-4154 

Do I have to complete a W-9 form, and is my refund considered taxable income?

Absolutely not!  We do not require a W-9 form to process your claim.  This is your money that is being returned to you (tag deposit, money left in your account, or tolls paid in 2013).  It is not taxable income, and under the new law, we are not required to report these payments to the IRS. 

Do I have to travel to Baton Rouge to receive my toll refund?

No, you do not have to collect your refund in person in Baton Rouge.  Please send your claim form to us by mail, and for the fastest service, be sure to use the above address.

How long will it take to receive my money?

We are giving toll claims the highest priority, so please be sure to use the special mailing address above to file your claim. Depending on the volume of claims we receive, the estimated processing time for each refund will vary.  Checks on approved claims will be issued as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience as we work to process your claims as quickly as possible.

Do I have to return my toll tags to receive a refund?

No, generally we will not require that you return your tag to receive your refund.  However, we suggest that you keep your tag for your records until you receive a refund check from us.

I called your office and my name is not on the list. What happened to my toll account?

If you had a Crescent City Connection GeauxPass account and also used your tag to cross the Louisiana Highway 1 bridge, your account may still be active for LA 1.  Act 247 of the 2013 Legislative Session provided for the transfer of all accounts that did not have any activity on LA 1 in the past year.   For information on LA 1 accounts, please contact:

LA 1 Customer Service Center

            1821 South Alex Plaisance Blvd.

            Golden Meadow, LA 70357

            (866) 662-8987 or

Can I transfer money in my CCC toll account and continue to use the tag on LA 1?

Under the new law, if your GeauxPass account was transferred to Unclaimed Property, it was closed by the Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD).  Please contact the LA 1 Customer Service Center for information on opening an account.

What about unused books of CCC toll scrip?

If you would like a refund on unused book(s) of CCC toll scrip, you must mail the unused CCC toll scrip book(s) back with your name, address and phone number by June 30, 2014 to:


DOTD Financial Services

Attn: Yolanda Marshall

P.O. Box 94245

Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70804-9245

Only complete books of 30 scrip (example: Revenue 1.00, 1.50, 2.00, 2.50, 3.00 books and ferry passes) should be returned for a refund. No refunds will be made on Student passes, School Bus passes, or Vehicle passes as they have no face value.

Why is the amount of my toll refund different than what I expected?

Treasury received all CCC toll funds and data including names, dollar amounts and identifying information from the DOTD.  The dollar amount listed for your refund comes directly from this data.

Return to or CLICK HERE to begin searching for your Toll Refund 

Contact Us Privacy Policy